LmKmp-[Blg]

Saturday, July 12, 2008

BG visit & stupid work stuff

It's been a hectic few days. My dad came into town and extended an offer to drive me to Kentucky to visit my family. I haven't been there in two years, and my sister just had a baby I haven't seen in person, so I'm taking him up on it. And I have several friends I haven't seen in years. And my cats. I was planning to do it later in the summer, but too many windows opened up at once for me to wait. I managed to get people to cover for me at work, so everything worked out there. I came in early Friday to call some book companies to try to catch up some things before I left, and as soon as the company phone was in my hand, before I could actually dial it, it rang so I could waste times on incoming calls like this:

Idiot: Is this a toy store?

Me: Yes.

Idiot: So you sell toys and games and stuff, right?

Me: That's the idea. Toy store.

Idiot: My friend needs a dildo for his girlfriend. Can you hook me up?

Me: Very nice. A comedian. (thought balloon: This idiot's being immortalized on the blog.)

After I was done with this kid who thought he was one of the Jerky Boys, I had two more incoming calls before I could successfully dial out, and I only managed to make one of those calls due to the time-wasting calls, making my coming in early very counter-productive.. I caught up some more later in the day, but I will have more piled-up work waiting for me when I get back than I had hoped.

Anyway, if anyone in BG is reading, I'll be arriving probably late Sunday. I'll be leaving sometime Friday. If you want to meet up, call me. If you don't have my number, email me or comment here. I'll have a computer with me but don't know what my internet status will be.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home