LmKmp-[Blg]

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I should mention SPX, shouldn't I?

I've had one hum dinger of a week. And yes, I am comfortable using the modifier "hum dinger" for it. SPX is Friday and Saturday of this week (12-13 October, if you keep track that way). Anyway. If nothing else goes wrong, hopefully, possibly, issue two of Fatalysia will be available at the Fatalysia/Primeval Works table-H9A (which will be close to Jefff Smith of Bone and Shazam/Captain Marvel fame). Anyway, much printer drama has ensued, and thanks to some damage control by Chris, when the smoke clears I might actually have comics. I should also mention that Chris will not be able to attend the con as planned, so you're just getting me. One of these days, hopefully artist Uriel Duran will make it. Back to printing issues (can you tell I'm kind of scatter-brained about the whole thing?), the first proof I saw had the pages out of order in spite of the fact that they were paginated in advance (I think the wrong pages were printed on the wrong sides of the sheets or something), and I was so busy freaking out about that I failed to notice that the text/dialogue had disappeared from about half of the book. In the end I had to cancel the print job and move it somewhere closer to Chris so he could use his graphic design Jedi skills to better shepherd the whole dealie. Then a backdrop print of the cover illustration ended up being a big silly with me receiving a lovely poster of a bee hovering over a flower rather than the spooky scarecrow I kind of needed (Myke Amend, the designer of the lovely cover posted a nice, more coherant than I can manage at the moment account of these events here). Anyway, I might have to sleep with a printer or something to get the poster printed if the original printer is unable to fix the poster situation in time. Every year I go to SPX some kind of bizarre printing issue comes up, but I've never seen anything like this year's crazy. Anyway. Issues one and two should be available if some Asgardian war doesn't spill out of the heavens into the DC metropolitan area or something else along those lines (jeez, I can't even tell if I'm making sense anymore I'm so frazzled). If you can't make it to the con, they're also available from the website or by contacting me (although issue 2 will likely have to go to a second printing after the con, as we weren't able to get many). And nice prints of a color version of the cover as well as many other curiosities are available from Myke Amend's website. And here's a promotional version of his cover art.



Fatalysia #2
Script: Liam Kemp
Art: Uriel Duran, a.k.a. U
Cover: Myke Amend
Book Design/Lettering: Chris Tabor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home