LmKmp-[Blg]

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jumping Someone Else's Train

I dreamed I was riding back and forth between Kentucky and New York City on a line of buses that were hooked together like train cars. I put my luggage in the first or second car and never saw it again. It was never marked or anything, so anyone could have taken it. In New York, whenever we passed a comic book store, I got them to let me off to check it out, and I would somehow encounter the buses again later. I went to a Cure concert and found that a friend I went to school with but haven't seen in years, Brian, had joined the band. They were playing a song with lyrics that involved counting, but it sounded like a typical Cure song. My friend was playing a guitar, and every time Robert Smith sang a number, my friend leaned down to the floor and made a mark on it with chalk like he was keeping score. It seemed he was supposed to be making the number of marks that matched the numbers that Smith was singing about. I don't know how I could see their floor on the stage when I was in the crowd in the first row. I noticed Brian wasn't doing a very good job making the numbers matched. After the show I told him I was proud of him but disappointed in his number markings. I told him I was obsessive-compulsive, and numbers were extremely important to me. I then took him to Kentucky and introduced him to my friend Ron. I borrowed Ron's car and drove around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home