LmKmp-[Blg]

Friday, October 20, 2006

rerun dream: Nursing Home of Death

I was digging around in my old Live Journal entries looking for something to shoe someone when I tripped over this old dream entry along the way. I've never posted it here before, so here it is:

"I had a very bizarre dream about a creepy nursing home in which old people simply waited to die. They didn't seem to be in very poor health or anything either. They didn't look terribly old, and all of them firmly had their wits about them. No one there seemed to be the least bit crazy. Yet there was a sense of impending death in the air. The scariest thing about the place was how the people slept. They didn't have beds or individual rooms. Instead, there was a small silver metal thing everyone slept in. It was only three or four feet in length and had about nine three or four foot long drawers in it. The drawers were of dimensions which a small child might be able to uncomfortably smush into. When I saw this and realized these people crammed themselves into these claustrophobic contraptions every night, I was terrified. I asked them how they did it. They all acted like it was no big deal. It got worse. If someone died during in their sleep in their drawer, their bodies were immediately liquified and pumped out the back into some piping that went into some elaborate power system that was attached to the back of the metal encasement. Somehow, I saw this process take place. I saw someone's remains being pumped into this system. The dead person's drawer was immediately ready for its next occupant, no sanitization necessary. There was a clock on the wall next to it all. The clock was somehow significant; I don't remember why exactly. I think it had four hands on it instead of two. A woman I know from work was living in this home. I didn't know why; she works with me every day and is not horribly old or anything. She is in good health, certainly nowhere near the brink of death. She begged me to make sure that when she died, she died in a car and not in the ground. I was confused, but I told her I'd make sure she died in a car."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home