LmKmp-[Blg]

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny

Yes, this movie exists. I picked it up at Midtown Comics last time I was in New York and just got around to watching it. I love messed up Santa movies, and this is possibly the worst I've ever encountered. It involves Santa's sleigh being stuck in the sand in Florida days before Christmas Eve and summoning a bunch of children who turn up with a strange assortment of useless farm animals and furries who try to help free the sleigh; the movie runs out of steam so fast it actually shoehorns a whole different movie, a Thumbelina adaptation by the same filmmakers, into the middle of the movie.   When the movie gets around to returning to the Santa premise it climaxes in a person in a bunny costume driving a car full of singing children. I had to suffer through this, and I'm a sore loser. I'm taking all of you down with me. Behold:



It actually makes the 1959 Santa Claus feel like a good movie. Quick clip for wusses:



Or just watch the whole thing from the beginning:


I guess it's really a bit early for all this Santa talk.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home