LmKmp-[Blg]

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween with Marjane Satrapi

I usually don't post photos here, especially of myself. But then again, it's not often that I'm standing next to Marjane Satrapi, author/artist of the Persepolis series, Embroideries, Chicken With Plums, and a few children's books. I saw her at a book signing session at Politics & Prose in DC. Before that, I spent Halloween at work with co-workers/friends, most of whom donned disguises. One was a silent film star, complete with subtitles, while another was "a brush with death" (the grim reaper carrying a brush); I tried being Space Ghost but could not be useful in any way wearing the suit, so I took it off rather quickly. While I was wearing it, I managed to drop a rather heavy toy piano on my head which led to a headache that I am still enjoying as I type this. Anyway, if the html gods and I are okay with each other, there should be pictures below this nonsense (One seems significantly larger than the other; it's 1:00 am, and I'm too lazy to investigate).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home